August 2, 2009

Neils Children - X.Enc

This, is the debut full length album by an excellent London-based genre-bending band called Neils Children. I'd like to say, they've now jumped onto a genre with two names, some call it "The New Thing", after a zine of the same name, and some refer to it as "Zombie Garage", a term that was invented by last.fm users to describe The Horrors. I'll have to admit, I think the New Thing has grown a lot this year, with new bands like S.C.U.M becoming more and more noticeable, the Horrors had Primary Colours reaching #25 on the charts, and this new Neils Children album, a pure gem. This is a pure work of noisy art, I love it. However, Neils Children aren't all gone with their Indie-Punk roots, the song I'm Ill, stands from the other songs by, instead of using atonal feedback and distorted guitars, makes use of a jangly C86 sound almost. Other than that, Zombie Garage for you! 5 STARS, this is going in my top albums of the year list!

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment