September 25, 2009

The Gruesomes - Tyrants of Teen Trash


This was the first album by the semi-obscure, depending on yourself ovcourse, yet very respected Canadian Garage-punk band The Gruesomes. Half the songs are original, the rest covers of 60's Garage and Freakbeat songs. The album proved to be a notorious influence on the british New Thing band The Horrors. Especially the cover of Screaming Lord Sutch's Jack The Ripper. A great album for fans of Garage punk, freakbeat and b-rated surf music.

Tracklist:

  1. (The From) Bikers From Hell
  2. Cry in The Night
  3. I Never Loved Her
  4. What's Your Problem?
  5. The Witch
  6. Gone For Good
  7. Jack The Ripper
  8. For All I Care
  9. Bloodhound
  10. Get Outta My Hair
  11. Unchain My Heart
  12. My Broken Heart Will Never Mend (Unless You Come Back With The Glue)
  13. Dementia 13
Mediafire

Oh yeah, since I don't know most of the original cover songs, except Jack The Ripper and The Witch, I credited most songs to The Gruesomes, but please tell me which onces are covers, I'm not an expert at 60's punk.

1 comment: